Emmy award-winning Toon Boom Animation Inc. announced the release of Toon Boom Storyboard, the leading storyboarding system for visual storytelling. Developed in conjunction with expert storyboard artists, Toon Boom Storyboard speeds up production planning and enables studios to increase production integration.
Toon Boom Storyboard provides:
* Flexible layer-based panel display with motion camera capabilities
* Complete set of drawing tools, including pressure-sensitive brush tool when using a digital graphic tablet and pen
* Customizable caption fields to insert fully searchable textual content, such as scene descriptions and comments
* Advanced timeline to control timing and automatically generate an animatic with sound tracks and transitions between shots
* Realtime animatic creation with dynamic camera moves
* Extensive export capabilities, including printing, image sequences, and Harmony/Opus, EDL, SWF and QuickTime file formatting
“Toon Boom Storyboard is a must-have tool not only for storyboard artists but also for directors and producers,’ said Joan Vogelesang, president/ceo at Toon Boom. ‘On one hand, it offers advanced drawing capabilities in an elegant panel window layout and the ability to preview the animatic in realtime with dynamic camera moves. On the other, Toon Boom Storyboard brings the production pipeline integration one step further by enabling producers to review and shuffle unlimited panels digitally and maximize the use of their existing assets.’
Toon Boom Storyboard is now available as an Early Access Program to all animation studios using Toon Boom Harmony and Opus. The commercial release is scheduled for August 1, 2006, and will be launched at SIGGRAPH 2006.
Winner of the 2005 Primetime Emmy Engineering Award, Toon Boom Animation Inc. is the worldwide leader of animation software solutions with high-tech tools such as morphing, inverse kinematics and glue. Toon Boom carries several leading animation products, including Harmony, Opus, Solo, Storyboard and Studio. For additional information, visit www.toonboom.com.