Digital Rebellion Unveils Updates To CinePlay Pro Video Playback Tool
LOS ANGELES, CA – March 30, 2015 – Digital Rebellion, a leading developer of video workflow efficiency software, announced feature and performance enhancements to its popular CinePlay professional Mac media player. Working in conjunction with other Digital Rebellion products and services, CinePlay allows editors, animators, visual effects artists and producers to play media formats in a professional screening environment and collaborate remotely with others – features designed specifically to meet the demands of post production professionals requiring instant real-time feedback from colleagues and clients.
The updated functionality in CinePlay enables new features such as Synced Sessions, where remote synchronized screenings can be controlled directly from CinePlay, the Annotations feature in which users can draw over images, as well as support for playing back image sequences. These enhancements, coupled with existing features, make CinePlay ideal for dailies, client feedback, note taking and QC checking.
For Digital Rebellion Founder/CEO Jon Chappell, CinePlay’s capabilities such as timecode support, user-defined markers and cloud functionality have proven crucial for professional users’ workflow efficiency.
“Implementing methods to stay in touch and organized on video projects is a constant challenge in today’s production,” Chappell says. “The enhancements we’ve made to CinePlay deliver on our commitment to provide the production community with flexible and scalable tools, which are used everyday in numerous major film and TV productions, tightly integrated into our cloud platform and suite of helper apps. This integration gives our users a powerful way to streamline workflows, manage media assets and achieve measurable time and budget savings.”
CinePlay is easily the perfect replacement for Quicktime Player that goes far beyond basic file playback with more features and options than Apple’s built-in player that are tailor made for film and video pros.
– Scott Simmons, host of the NAB session “Useful Tools for Editors and Post Production”
Award-winning French film editor Matthieu Laclau has been using CinePlay since it was first released, and as a beta tester continues to provide Digital Rebellion with real-world product feedback. On a recent feature film project for Jia Zhangke (“A Touch of Sin”) CinePlay was used constantly for dailies with the director.
“As a film editor, it’s important to get comments about my edits as it helps me to improve my cuts,” says Laclau. “CinePlay is my default media player as it is fast and responsive, especially in the Fullscreen mode. It allows you to use markers to add comments, which you can import on your timeline, send them by email or work with Digital Rebellion’s Cut Notes app for improved workflow. I’m especially looking forward to testing the new annotation feature that allows you to draw on the image.”
Key CinePlay Updates
New features available in CinePlay include:
- Synced Sessions hosted on the Kollaborate cloud platform enable direct playback control on colleagues’ computers
- Completely overhauled playback architecture
- Image sequence playback
- Annotations allow users to draw over a frame
- Enhanced integration with Kollaborate includes caching, file approval and viewing the status of a file on the cloud
CinePlay provides users with scalability, optimized workflows for post professionals and seamless integration with Digital Rebellion cloud services and apps including:
- Kollaborate: Extensive cloud-based review and approval service.
- Cut Notes: iPad note-taking app that reduces the amount of time users need to look down to write notes during a screening. Creatives can sync timecode from CinePlay and remotely control playback.
- Editmote: iOS remote control complete with gestures. Remotely control CinePlay playback and other functionality from the comfort of your screening room couch.
In addition to cloud services, Digital Rebellion has long established itself as a creator of powerful post production tools including:
- Pro Maintenance Tools: Tool suite for editors to repair corrupt video clips, troubleshoot problems and keep editing systems running smoothly overall.
- Pro Media Tools: Tool suite designed for efficient media management that can conform movies to different frame rates without re-rendering, as well as run QC tests on movies, among many other features.
Pricing and Availability
CinePlay is available on Mac OS X. Pricing is available on the Digital Rebellion website.
About Digital Rebellion
Digital Rebellion, established in 2007, is a Los Angeles-based developer of workflow efficiency tools. The company simplifies the file sharing and team management process delivering powerful video-based software solutions that are used by creative professionals around the world in film, broadcast, media, corporations and government agencies to meet everyday production challenges. Industry-trusted solutions include CinePlay, Pro Maintenance Tools, Pro Media Tools, Post Haste and Cut Notes. Digital Rebellion products are available through the company’s website and reseller channel. For more information about Digital Rebellion solutions and services and product tutorials, visit their website.